The news of the exit of a Nonagenarian, and first democratically elected President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1979-1983, former President Shehu
Pa Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari came into the planet earth at the time appointed in Shagari village, Sokoto state in northern Nigeria.
He passed through the process of life in line with the will of Almighty Allah.
He became Nigeria’s first democratically elected executive President also known as second republic President, on October 1st, 1979, and was ousted in a military coup plot led by mischievous Gen. Muhammadu Buhari on December 3rd, 1983.
Sadly, Pa Shehu Shagari exited the mother earth and went the way of all mortals after Ninety three (93) blissful years on earth.
Ironically, this same mischievous Gen. Muhammadu Buhari who truncated the civil regime of democratically elected President, Pa Shehu Shagari, with impunity, is laughably Nigeria’s current democratically elected President, presently occupying Nigeria’s Apex office at Aso Villa, Abuja, devising various criminal means to extend his tenure beyond 29/05/2019.
Coincidentally, while his inglorious regime of woes is unavoidably winding up to a shameful and disappointing close, by reason of his four years abysmal performances by taking Nigeria back to
It would also go down in history that the regime under his purviews buried Nigeria’s first democratically elected President he robbed the privilege to consummate the euphoria of democratic governance through his selfish military coup.
This cruelty of course, has consequential spiritual connotations, which, if properly analyzed, is an indication that Buhari’s Presidential reelection bid come 2019, has come to a logical end. Every other further push to retain Aso villa beyond 2019, is efforts in futility.
However, there are salient lessons for Buhari to ponder on;
(1) The demise of Pa Shehu Shagari at the ripe age of 93 years was a blissful exit, he was not hoaxed dead, his death was confirmed without controversy. He was a good man.
(2) Pa Shehu Shagari knows his real age, he knew when he struck 76 years and did not tell Nigerians that “I thought that I am 64, but they say I am 65”. He was a man of utmost sincerity.
(3) Pa Shehu Shagari as former Nigeria’s President, did not create global scene that doubted his real existence as being real or “Double”. He was a man of unquestionable integrity.
(4) Pa Shehu Shagari ran an all inclusive government, devoid of nepotism, tribal and religious sentiments. He was a selfless leader and not a ruler.
(5) Pa Shehu Shagari has no record of decimation of some tribe in Nigeria, as an ardent Muslim, he shun being bigotry but governed a united Nigeria. He was a patriotic leader.
Pa Shehu Shagari would be greatly remembered by the generation of “Now” and generations yet unborn.
He left a goodly foot prints on the sand of time and eternity by his fatherly love and magnanimity across board by providing shelter to millions of less privileged folks popularly known as “Shagari Estate.”
As his remains would be committed to the mother earth according to Islamic fate, On behalf of Orika Kingdom I say Adieu!