Born in Dannhauser, a small town in Kwa-Zulu Natal, Zinhle Jiyane aka DJ Zinhle has become one of the most celebrated female house DJs in South Africa. Zinhle is a trained TV presenter however her interest in becoming a DJ started through her brother Zak, who owned a sound equipment rental company. Zak always had a passion for mixing vinyl’s in his spare time and passed his talent on DJ Zinhle.
Despite the career change, Zinhle booked her first gig in 2004 and kicked off her career in 2006 as the resident DJ for local TV Show, Jika Majika – an opportunity that pushed her into the spotlight. Since her discovery, she has grabbed the attention of some of Mzansi’s most respected DJs & producer, such as DJ Oskido and has collaborated with renowned artists and released various singles, such as “My Name Is” ft Busiswa.
With over a decade of experience in the entertainment industry, she has become a household name in the South African music scene and has since received nominations for various award ceremonies such as Metro FM Awards and South African Music Awards.
2017 saw many highlights in DJ Zinhle’s career as she released her single “Colours” ft Tamara Dey as well as produced her woman empowerment TV show, It Takes A Village, which aired on SABC 1. Zinhle continued empowering females in 2018, through her book “Meeting Your Power”, which was co-written by life coach, Nokubonga Mbanga. In October 2018, Zinhle became the new judge on SABC 1’s talent search show, 1’s and 2’s where she worked alongside Ayanda MVP and Prince Kaybee.
- Mail & Guardian nominated her as one of the 300 “Young South African You Have to Take to Lunch”.
- Launched FUSE Academy
- SAMA 19, 12th Metro FM Awards song of the year nominee
- Channel O Awards nominee.
- Launched accessory brand, ERA by DJ Zinhle
- The face of Legit SS13 Collection
- Named one of SA’s Top 10 Most Influential Women in BONA magazine.
- Named one of 21 Powerful African Women in Oprah Magazine
- Channel 24 named as the 4th Most Powerful Celeb in South Africa.
- Glamour Magazine’s Woman of Year
- Second MOST INFLUENTIAL YOUNG SOUTH AFRICAN in an annual award and ranking scheme for young
- South African Achievers between 15-40 years.
- Albany Low GI Ambassador
- Designed and showcased a fashion line alongside a young designer, Chesney Williams at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Joburg.
- Released new single “Colours” ft Tamara Dey
- Launch Women Empowerment TV Series – It Takes A village
- Meeting Your Power Book Launch
- SABC 1 1’s and 2’s, Talent Search judge
- LifeBouy Soap Ambassador